Friday, November 6, 2009

Jonathan Djanogly MP and his Legg letter.

A few weeks ago we were told by Jonathan Djanogly MP that his Legg letter said he didn't have to pay back as much as the £25,000 he originally handed back. The Legg letter, we are told, went onto ask for more information about the infamous gates.

But shouldn't we actually see that letter? The letter from Legg was about expenses Djanogly had claimed and if he hadn't paid them back he would be asked to pay them back now! So I feel Jonathan Djanogly MP should publish the Legg letter and any correspondence that results.

I do feel the information we are getting is being managed very tightly by Djanogly. I feel he wants to limit what is being published. I have to decide between a solicitor MP, who didn't hold a public meeting and hasn't published his not blacked out expenses and The Daily Telegraph who have seen the originals. I tend to agree with the Daily Telegraph in this instance.

What I find frustrating about this is I would have supported Djanogly at the forthcoming General Election. That would have been if he had held a public meeting to discuss his expenses. The only trouble with that is I need the information about his expenses claimed from public funds to ask questions. This has been withheld (follow this link to see how an FOI request is getting on). There are questions I would love to ask Djanogly about his Legg letter and correspondence. But as it hasn't been published so I can't.

This is the problem with all these expenses. I know Djanogly has the information. I'd love to ask him questions about his expenses' claims. But I can't because I don't have the information. I feel without this information I am being held in contempt and will not vote for Djanogly.

To me if Djanogly had actually held a Public Meeting, published all the information and answered the questions I would have been out there supporting him. Now I find I'm having to hold my nose and vote UKIP.
------------------------------------
I recently looked for his current expenses claims. I looked on his website and couldn't find anything. What I did find was on the Conservatives.com website where I found a list of his current expenses. So come on Jonathan. You didn't hold a public meeting with you electorate over your expenses. Why don't you publish your Legg letter correspondence and your expense claims that you have paid back?


If you want to see the blacked out expenses follow this link.

No comments: