Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Why Djanogly should be looking worried!

The recent by-election result in Huntingdon North should be worrying for Djanogly. The results show the Conservative vote has dramatically fallen once again. At the 2008 District Elections the result was:

Conservatives 473
Liberal Democrats 300
Labour 143
UKIP 83

The 2009 by-election result was:

Conservative  213 (-260)
Liberal Democrats 243 (-57)
Labour 123 (-20)
UKIP 167 (+84)

This was a massive disaster for the Conservatives who should have won this election hands down going on the 2008 result. What this shows to me is UKIP is the only party gaining from Djanogly's woes.

Those woes started with the last Euro results which made UKIP the party chasing the Conservatives in Huntingdonshire. The partial result is below:

Conservative  16,543
UKIP  10,422
Liberal Democrats 6,498
(this result is for the whole of Huntingdonshire which is larger than Huntingdon Constituency)

This massive drop in the Conservative support should be looked at as a direct challenge to the re-election of Djanogly as our MP. I also noticed that an assistant to Jonathan Djanogly, Simon Burton, has been appointed as Agent. So the MP has to get his placeman into the job.

The problem I have is not necessarily one of his expenses. What I have a problem with is we don't know what his expenses are and why he made them. Unless you are a member of the local Conservative Party (which I'm not) you have been unable to ask Djanogly questions about his expenses. Jonathan Djanogly MP should have held a public meeting to inform his electorate what he claimed and why and to answer our questions. Djanogly has avoided this public examination and this is why I cannot vote for him.

I'm not a supporter of UKIP but if I want to get rid of Djanogly I'm going to have to bite my lip and vote UKIP at the next election. I suggest to all readers they do the same.

No comments: