Saturday, July 10, 2010

What would the Liberal Democrats do in power?


I thought I would look at the official website of the local Liberal Democrats to see what is going on. I thought I would find many pages on the campaign to reverse the introduction of car park charges in St Neots.

What I found was nothing. Absolutely nothing. The page for St Neots is empty.

So I have written to Cllr Peter Downes, Leader of the Liberal Democrat Group, to get an answer on whether they would return these car parks to being free. The following is the text of my e-mail:

"In St Neots, your colleagues are running a campaign to reverse the introduction of car parking charges in two additional car parks. As the Council Cabinet has pushed through the introduction of these charges, I would like to know what the policy of the Liberal Democrats is now on these car parks? Specifically, is it Liberal Democrat policy to return these car parks to being free car parks again?"

I await his reply.

No comments: