Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Letters in the Hunts Post 03/02/10

I have some comments on letters in this edition of the Hunts Post. These are:

Website costs will be clear - Cllr Jonathan Gray starts talking about the new website. I agree with him that the website needs to change. But my gripe with the new website has been the number of errors I found wherever I looked. These problems are still happening. After requesting some information from HDC I was told the following:

"Ordinarily this would have appeared on our website, but we are unfortunately experiencing some problems with uploading new information."

Secrecy seems to be the order of the day in HDC. As Cllr Gray says: "I authorised this information to be passed to him". So why does Cllr Gray need to authorise another District Councillor to see this information which should be made public?

What grounds? - Another letter having a go at the Town Council over the Church Car Park on the village green at Eaton Socon. Whilst I do feel the use of Health and Safety was over the top in relation to the stopping of the car parking, I feel the church should pay for the car park. Nigel Appleton poses this question

"Is this the same council that shamefully neglected to grit the completely iced over and steep exit ramp from the Riverside Car Park during the recent bad weather?". The simple answer is NO! 

The long answer is this is a car park owned by HDC and is therefore it is HDC responsibility and NOT the Town Council. Nigel should look at the car park signs before BLAMING the WRONG COUNCIL.

Invest Wisely - I see that Rosemary Cockrill has started the internal them (Eaton Socon/Ford) and us (Eynesbury) dispute. Eaton Ford gets a community centre so Eynesbury has to have a Community Centre. This is the politics of envy. Looking at the ECC there seems to be little demand for this community centre. Eynesbury would have the same problems. I don't hear of any real demand for a centre. The politics of envy invariably costs the council taxpayer money as unnecessary buildings are built and services are provided.

No comments: