Friday, May 28, 2010

A question to the Town Meeting about the former Town Clerk.

There is much I would like to know about the leaving of the former Town Clerk, P. Devonald. I asked the following question:

I understand there is a confidentiality agreement between the Town Council and the former Town Clerk, P. Devonald. Who requested this confidentiality agreement and who at the Town Council approved this agreement?

The answer was:

"This is a Personnel matter and it is standard practice that personnel matters remain confidential. The Town Council approved this agreement."

This is where I disagree with the Liberal Democrats. I don't feel this is solely a personnel matter and is, in fact, a matter of public interest. I didn't want to know the contents just who requested this confidentiality agreement.

No comments: