Saturday, December 5, 2009

Getting a raw deal?


The by-election which James Clark refers to in his letter in the Hunts Post was the non-election which got me onto the St Neots Community Forum. The reason I started was this was a by-election and I wanted to know about the issues before voting.
I received a leaflet from Stevie-v but nothing from the Conservative candidate James Clark. I even e-mailed the Conservative Office as I had received a letter regarding my postal vote. I wrote:
"I have just received your letter regarding my postal ballot at the forthcoming by election. In your letter you state that "You should now have received my first election leaflet.....". Well, I haven't and I'm not voting for you until I actually get a leaflet."


I did receive a reply and this said:
"I am forwarding your email on to James Clark who is standing for the Conservatives at the By-election of 18 December.  Please accept out apologies for our error in not sending you the leaflet. Kind regards. Ann Wilson HCCA."


To this date I have yet to receive anything from James Clark. In the end I didn't vote for him. If this was an example of how James Clark's campaign treated his potential voters then no wonder he lost!

The letter to the paper also makes a claim about Stevie-v using being elected to the Town Council as being a stepping to the District Council. So what? It is not as though some Conservative Councillors haven't got two or even three Councillor jobs. These are:

Cllr Ursell: St Neots Town Council, Eynesbury Hardwicke Parish Council and Hunts DC. Also stood for CCC in 2005.
Cllr Harty: St Neots Town Council, Hunts DC and Cambs CC.
Cllr Farrer: Hunts DC and Cambs CC.
Cllr Catherine Hutton: Eynesbury Hardwicke Parish Council, Cambs CC

County Councillor Catherine Hutton was co-opted onto Eynesbury Hardwicke Parish Council and then stood for Cambridgeshire County Council. Isn't that what James Clark is accusing Stevie-v of doing. Seems to me James Clark has one rule for his Conservative mates and another rule for the Liberal Democrats.

No comments: