Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wait for a 6 screen multiplex


When Town Councillors talk of St. Neots needing and wanting a cinema, I think yes. I assume the cinema they are talking about is a 6 screen multiplex with associated food outlets. In a recent debate on the St Neots Community Forum it has turned out this wasn't what was being proposed.

Instead of a lovely brash multiplex cinema, our Town Councillors are looking to back a much smaller building than a multiplex. I know the shed is an exaggeration of the smallness of any cinema on the development area behind Lidl. Take a look at this linked page to show how small a building will be!
This is what I feel. There may very well be a need for a cinema. But the last thing I want is a small cinema built when St.Neots is expanding. This may very well stop any other operator coming along at a later date. I feel the Town should wait until we have expanded enough to have a multiplex of our own. If St. Neots is going to have a cinema let the Town have a 6 screen multiplex rather than a shed. Time SNTC set the standard.

No comments: