Wednesday, December 16, 2009

SNTC Quality Town Council status update


I received an email on 25/11/09 from Ian Dewar CEO of CPALC in reply to an email I sent to him 30/10/09. It just said the following:

"Quality Status is time limited to 4 years and lapses if not able to be renewed."

This reply came very fast after I published the following article. Though I couldn't say that was the reason for this very short reply.

So I've emailed Ian Dewar again. The reason was I did a Google search. I found the original decision on the Town gaining Quality status on 25/10/05. That is over 4 years ago. I asked the following:

"My understanding is St Neots Town Council was awarded Quality Council Status at the meeting of CPALC on 25th October 2005. As it is over 4 years since St Neots Town Council obtained Quality Council Status has this Council renewed or have they lapsed and are no longer a Quality Town Council?"

Ian Dewar got back to me on 30/11/09 and said:
"St Neots Town council has until end of January 2010 to decide if they will resubmit to maintain their Quality Status."


I'll be keeping an eye on this.

No comments: