Saturday, January 2, 2010

Djanogly Website Update!


I thought I would do a quick review of our MPs' website. First off is his New Year Message. I've reviewed this elsewhere. I again reiterate nothing in the message about MPs' expenses.

I also see on the main webpage under the heading: Djanogly Urges Huntingdonshire to Shop Local 8 December 2009. that Djanogly urges people to shop locally. The question in my mind is what is local to Djanogly? His second home in Alconbury or his first home in London? This is fundamental to where Djanogly feels is "local". As I will continue to point out Djanogly sees his primary or first home as his place in London. So where did Djanogly do his festive shopping - London or Huntingdonshire. This isn't made clear on his website!


Despite not claiming money for some of his expenses he is still claiming other expenses. This is apparent on the banner of the new Winter Edition (I don't remember a Summer Edition) which informs those lucky to get this communication (waste of £1,994 in taxpayers' money in my opinion) this is being paid out of the communication allowance he gets from Parliament.

On page 4 there is report from Westminster. Djanogly informs readers that: "I have held the government to account on many issues,...". Strangely, I have been unable to hold Djanogly to account for his expenses. Few people have. Indeed there is no mention at all of the political scandal of the year in this Communication paid for by the taxpayer. It is like the MPs' expenses scandal never happened. Maybe that is what Djanogly wants the electorate to believe. Write out of history the whole expenses scandal and his part in it.

No comments: