Friday, January 29, 2010

Whatever happened to Djanogly and his Legg letter?


I was watching the BBC iplayer of the Daily Politics Show and I saw a piece on MPs' expenses and the Legg "atomic bomb" to be released on 4th February 2010. So I thought I would do a bit of investigating of what a couple of other MPs have been up to. I found:

Austin Mitchell has pre-empted the whole caboodle with an admission of having to pay back expenses.
Anne McIntosh has also pre-empted the whole circus with a press release.

And what of our MP Jonathan Djanogly?

Looking at his website there has been more activity than normal. News releases are coming out every few days. The raw statistics show a greater number of news releases are happening. Even this one:

That is it. The news release is Djanogly sitting next to David Cameron. Just a picture. Nothing about where they are or the major topic under discussion. No words and no context. To me this is starting to smack of desperation.  Is Djanogly that desperate? Obviously he is worried. This could be getting the good news in before any bad news comes out on 4th February 2010.

On the otherhand if Djanogly and the Conservatives have been looking at the same data I have then Djanogly should be very worried.

No comments: