Friday, March 19, 2010

Some analysis of the latest Liberal Democrat figures

"that the Tories remain a coalition between the blatantly self-interested, closet racists, and homophobes.."
I thought I would take a look at the Liberal Democrat figures. After the Euro/County results I did a bit of analysis of these results. This showed the Liberal Democrats second at the local elections. At the Euro elections the Liberal Democrats had a disaster and fell back to third place. Second place went to UKIP.
The problem with the numbers given is they only show the Liberal Democrat v Labour vote. The Conservative share of 51% in 2005 and 52% in 2009 are not shown. Even then the Conservative column is partially rubbed out.

What came out of my analysis is many local Liberal Democrats voters switched to UKIP at the Euros. To my mind this part of the leaflet is aimed at Labour voters. What Martin Land needs to do is aim at those voters who vote Conservative/UKIP. I think he blotted his copy book there!

No comments: